Compare SIM Only Deals
How to use SIMonlycontracts.co.uk
You can condense your search with a price limit, by selecting your phone type or inputting your usage in terms of minutes and texts.
Search for the best deals by price
Simply choose the desired amount you wish to spend per month and your one step closer to finding your perfect SIM Only contract.
To help you, look at what you could get within the various price ranges:
- £10 - Get up to 300 mins of talk time, unlimited texts and 1GB of data - Great for low usage and keeping costs low
- £15 - Get up to 600 mins of talk time, unlimited texts - Great for moderate usage
- £20 - Up to 800 minutes and unlimited texts - Ideal for high moderate to usage
- £25 - Receive up to 2000 minutes and unlimited data and texts - Ideal for heavy usage.
Compare by Phone Type
If you have an iPhone or a BlackBerry check out the dedicated comparisons of their SIM Only contracts. iPhone 4 / 4S (Micro SIM) and iPhone 5 (Nano SIM) SIM Only plans are also available. We've chosen a selection of the best ones for you so finding the right deal is even easier!
Compare by Usage
Sometimes it's much simpler to decide what kind of user you are and then look for a plan to suit you. Do you mainly send texts rather than make calls? Do you use the Internet on your Smartphone more than anything else? Whichever it is we have advice and tips on the best deals here.
Flexibility is one of the main advantages of choosing a SIM Only tariff and this is encompassed with either a 30-day rolling contract or a 12-month contract.
Running multiple mobile phones can be costly and that's why SIM Only deals can be an important money saver for business owners. By choosing a SIM Only you'll be able to economise via cheaper plans for your employees whilst still obtaining an abundance of call-time, texts and data.
International SIM Only
International SIM Only can provide you with a SIM card for catching up with friends and family overseas at lower call rates than a normal SIM Only contract. Some services will offer free inclusive minutes for calling abroad within the price plan or offer packages at an extra cost.
Orange has one of the only SIM Only international contracts to offer both UK and abroad minutes in one package. Additional minutes can be purchased at £5 for 50 minutes that works out at 10p a minute.
Do you call landline numbers more often than mobiles and want dedicated minutes to save money? If you require a SIM Only contract that is solely dedicated to unlimited landline calls then look no further than the 3 SIM Only Landline contract. This SIM does not offer any extra texts or minutes so is only suited for users who call landlines only.
How to choose your SIM Only Internet data
Are you constantly online or using email? Do you want to keep track of what’s going on via the latest news and sport? Are you a Twitter or Facebook addict?
If you’re nodding your head and are after a SIM Only deal with Internet data, take a look at the fantastic offers below.
What should you bear in mind?
Knowing how much data you really need for your BlackBerry, Android, iPhone or other device may only become apparent once you’ve signed up. There are many times when you use data on your phone without even realising it - exceeding your data limit will incur significant charges. By over-estimating your usage, you can safely avoid being charged if you go over your allowance.
When choosing your data package, consider the following:
- Do you send and receive a lot of emails? How much time do you spend browsing the Internet or reading news? Downloading images from email or web pages can use up a fair chunk of your allowance. Depending on the size and quality of the picture, this could range from a few kilobytes to over 10MB that could eat away at your data allowance.
- Do you use video services such as BBC iPlayer, YouTube and other video streaming apps? Doing so can eat up 100MB - 2GB of data in one hour. This will depend on things like video quality, which can vary from site to site. HD quality video uses more due to larger files.
- Do you use social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook often? Do you Skype? Voice calls over the Internet are data intensive and can use up to 75MB for a 50 minute call.
- Do you use any music streaming services? Depending on the quality and length of the song, you could be looking at 3 - 6MB per song on average.
If you know the type of activities you regularly use your phone for - and approximately how long for - you may find this tool from O2 handy to work out how much data allowance you need.
Why choose unlimited data?
Using the Internet on your mobile plan without an Internet data plan could cost you a lot because usage is charged per MB downloaded. Having unlimited Internet data can therefore be cost-efficient, handy and entertaining. It lets you access your emails from your mobile phone with no cap on downloading the full email or attachments. If you have a compatible phone, you can also stream video and watch clips from sites like You Tube. You can surf the Internet wherever you are and get the latest business and sports news and gossip.
While some networks provide unlimited plans, they may also have a fair use policy so that customers don’t abuse their network. Vodafone, O2, T-Mobile and Orange Internet are subject to a fair usage policy of depending on which tariff you choose. There are now also unlimited data plans on giffgaff, Virgin and Three: these SIM Only Internet tariffs are free as standard without further additional payments.
With other tariffs and networks you pay an additional monthly fee of between £2.50 to £10 for an Internet package.
See below for more details on the offerings of each network:
- Three - Between 500MB to unlimited data
- T-Mobile - No unlimited plans however, they do offer unlimited browsing and email with their Internet add-ons. Internet data is not included with standard plans. You can get up to 1.5GB data for £10 p/mth.
- Vodafone - Up to 2GB of data available on Vodafone RED plans
- O2 - Up to 2GB available with On & On. For other plans you will have to purchase an add-on. 1GB for £10 p/mth.
- Orange - Internet included with selected plans though a maximum of 1GB available
- Virgin - Unlimited data available on most plans
- Giffgaff - 1GB to Unlimited data available
Our editor’s top pick
For great value for money and super fast speeds for your Smartphone, you can’t beat Three Mobile. As well as being the most popular network for Smartphones, they’re fast becoming one of the UK’s best networks. They have several SIM Only plans with unlimited Internet such as The One Plan for just £25 p/mth.
Both Virgin and giffgaff provide great options for unlimited Internet and for just £12 a month you can get up to 250 minutes, unlimited texts and data.
Cost P/Month: £