Compare SIM Only Plans
How to use SIMonlycontracts.co.uk
You can condense your search with a price limit, by selecting your phone type or inputting your usage in terms of minutes and data. In addition to these, SIMOnlyContracts.co.uk lets you choose which SIM card type you require, how long you want your contract to be and which network you want too.
Search for the best deals by price
Simply choose the desired amount you wish to spend per month and you're one step closer to finding your perfect SIM Only contract.
To help you, look at what you could get within the various price ranges for 3G SIM only plans:
- £5 - For such a cheap SIM Only you can expect anything from 50 to 100 minutes of talk time. - Great for infrequent users.
- £10 - Get up to 600 mins of talk time, unlimited texts and 1GB of data - Great for low to moderate usage and keeping costs low.
- £15 - Get between 600 to Unlimited minutes of talk time, unlimited texts - Great for moderate to high usage
- £20 - 2000 to Unlimited minutes and unlimited texts - Ideal for high usage
- £25 - Receive up to Unlimited minutes, unlimited data and texts - Ideal for heavy usage and a worry free experience.
Compare by Phone Type
If you have an iPhone or a BlackBerry check out the dedicated comparisons of their SIM Only contracts. iPhone 4 / 4S (Micro SIM) and iPhone 5 (Nano SIM) SIM Only plans are also available. We've chosen a selection of the best ones for you so finding the right deal is even easier!
Compare by Usage
Sometimes it's much simpler to decide what kind of user you are and then look for a plan to suit you. Do you mainly send texts rather than make calls? Do you use the Internet on your Smartphone more than anything else? Whichever it is we have advice and tips on the best deals here.
Flexibility is one of the main advantages of choosing a SIM Only tariff and this is encompassed with either a 30-day rolling contract or a 12-month contract.
Running multiple mobile phones can be costly and that's why SIM Only deals can be an important money saver for business owners. By choosing a SIM Only you'll be able to economise via cheaper plans for your employees whilst still obtaining an abundance of call-time, texts and data.
International SIM Only
An International SIM Only can provide you with a SIM card for catching up with friends and family overseas at lower call rates than a normal SIM Only contract. Some services will offer free inclusive minutes for calling abroad within the price plan or offer packages at an extra cost.
Orange has one of the only SIM Only international contracts to offer both UK and abroad minutes in one package. Additional minutes can be purchased at £5 for 50 minutes that works out at 10p a minute.
Do you call landline numbers more often than mobiles and want dedicated minutes to save money? If you require a SIM Only contract that is solely dedicated to unlimited landline calls then look no further than the 3 SIM Only Landline contract. This SIM does not offer any extra texts or minutes so is only suited for users who call landlines only.
With the introduction of super-fast 4G on networks such as EE, Vodafone and O2, we have all of the best 4G SIM only deals available to compare online. Find out more about 4G and it's benefits in our guide here.
What about BlackBerry SIM Only deals?
There are a variety of deals available specifically designed for BlackBerry users and you must be sure to select the right one that is compatible for your phone. BlackBerry Internet Services are included within some plans but you may have to pay extra with some networks. Here is a quick breakdown of the networks and what they offer.
- Vodafone - Special SIM only deals for BlackBerry.
- Three - BlackBerry Internet Services cost an extra £5 a month which you can set up after purchase of your SIM Only.
- O2 - Tailored BlackBerry plans starting from £9 a month.
- EE - No BlackBerry Services available.
- Virgin - All plans include unlimited BlackBerry Messenger and Mail.
- giffgaff - Add an extra £2.50 to your plan for BBM Services unless you have a BlackBerry 10 in which case it is free.
If you're looking for a good all-rounder then SIMOnlyContracts.co.uk recommends opting for a Virgin SIM only plan for your BlackBerry.
Don't forget - You will need a Micro SIM card if you own a BlackBerry Q5, Q10 or Z10 smartphone. All other older models use a standard SIM.
How to choose your SIM Only Internet data
Are you constantly online or using email? Do you want to keep track of what’s going on via the latest news and sport? Are you a Twitter or Facebook addict?
If you’re nodding your head and are after a SIM Only deal with Internet data, take a look at the fantastic offers below.
What should you bear in mind?
Knowing how much data you really need for your BlackBerry, Android, iPhone or other device may only become apparent once you’ve signed up. There are many times when you use data on your phone without even realising it - exceeding your data limit will incur significant charges. By over-estimating your usage, you can safely avoid being charged if you go over your allowance.
When choosing your data package, consider the following:
- Do you send and receive a lot of emails? How much time do you spend browsing the Internet or reading news? Downloading images from email or web pages can use up a fair chunk of your allowance. Depending on the size and quality of the picture, this could range from a few kilobytes to over 10MB that could eat away at your data allowance.
- Do you use video services such as BBC iPlayer, YouTube and other video streaming apps? Doing so can eat up 100MB - 2GB of data in one hour. This will depend on things like video quality, which can vary from site to site. HD quality video uses more due to larger files.
- Do you use social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook often? Do you Skype? Voice calls over the Internet are data intensive and can use up to 75MB for a 50 minute call.
- Do you use any music streaming services? Depending on the quality and length of the song, you could be looking at 3 - 6MB per song on average.
If you know the type of activities you regularly use your phone for - and approximately how long for - you may find this tool from O2 handy to work out how much data allowance you need.
Why choose unlimited data?
Using the Internet on your mobile plan without an Internet data plan could cost you a lot because usage is charged per MB downloaded. Having unlimited Internet data can therefore be cost-efficient, handy and entertaining. It lets you access your emails from your mobile phone with no cap on downloading the full email or attachments. If you have a compatible phone, you can also stream video and watch clips from sites like You Tube. You can surf the Internet wherever you are and get the latest business and sports news and gossip.
While some networks provide unlimited plans, they may also have a fair use policy so that customers don’t abuse their network.
With some tariffs and networks you pay an additional monthly fee of between £2.50 to £10 for an Internet package. There are also unlimited data plans on giffgaff, Virgin and Three: these SIM Only Internet tariffs are free as standard without further additional payments.
See below for more details on the offerings of each network:
- Three - Between 500MB to unlimited data
- Vodafone - Up to 2GB of data available on Vodafone RED plans
- O2 - Up to 2GB available with On & On. For other plans you will have to purchase an add-on. 1GB for £10 p/mth.
- Virgin - Unlimited data available on most plans
- Giffgaff - 1GB to Unlimited data available
How about 4G?
4G Internet will deliver your data at up to 10 times faster than 3G. This will vary depending on your location and the network that you choose. At the moment 4G SIM only deals are essentially premium tariffs and start from £18 a month. The cheap 4G SIM only plans are packaged with very little data so you'd be better off spending a bit more for a plan that comes with at least 2GB. Obviously, the best experience of 4G is for activities such as streaming video and so an unlimited data plan is ideal.
Read our guide for more information on 4G.
Tethering allows you to use the Internet on your phone for one of you other devices like a laptop or tablet. Not all networks allow you tether so it's best to check which ones do if this is important to you. For more information on this see our Guide to Tethering.
Watch out for outside allowance charges
Charges outside of your allowance can make the largest dents in your pocket and SIM Only is no different. View our comparison table of the charges for a closer look at what you will be charged if you make use of calls, texts and data outside of your package. You can also read more from each network pages on our site under the more details tab or seek out this information from an individual network's website.
Our editor’s top pick
For great value for money and super fast speeds for your Smartphone, you can’t beat Three Mobile. As well as being the most popular network for Smartphones, they’re fast becoming one of the UK’s best networks. They have several SIM Only plans with unlimited Internet such as The One Plan for just £20 p/mth.
Both Virgin and giffgaff provide great options for unlimited Internet and for just £12 a month you can get up to 250 minutes, unlimited texts and data.
Search Deals: (Click to see all) - Using a Tablet device? Tap the slider into position to select minutes, data & cost.
Cost P/Month: £